Thursday, October 7, 2010

Making Clothes and my love for fashion

Listening to SNSD-Genie
Oct 05, 2010 10:23pm




I won’t say I have a knack for fashion but I have always had my own style ever since I was little…lol my teachers noticed when I was little that I liked wearing my knee hi socks whenever I wore uniform and even when I wore those sparkly ass tights that they wear now..
I used to love to dress up in my moms stuff (what kid didnt) only difference is that my mom had really sexy stuff in her closet…like one time I remembered those knee hi leopard print hi heel boots (I loved putting those on)..My mom always said that if I wore her shoes that I was destined to have big feet..Now I wear my moms shoes lol size 9 1/2…
Since I loved clothes I always thought I would be a designer of some sort..I never thought I would be a cosmetologist..It was just something I subconsciously liked but never really got into..when I was in middle school I had this little mini design book of drawings I did (btw I still have this)…everybody even my teachers thought I would be a clothes designer..Only problem was I couldn’t sew worth crap..I didn’t really try to get lessons but my mom still got me that $400 sewing machine..She had a lot of faith in me back then..
In middle and elementary I dressed how I wanted without much influence (at least I don’t think)..Then in High School (9th grade) I got influenced by Japanese culture so I started to dress a lil crazy at times lol…since I wasn’t much of the talker back then I used the way I dressed as a way to express myself….one outfit I remember was a lavender color corduroy overall short dress and some black and white striped tights with some black and white converse hi tops..i loved that outfit..i thought it was so cute back then but I could only imagine what everybody else thought of me..
Around tenth grade I toned it down a bit and I dressed kinda normal, but around 11th and 12th I was just starting to really get into Korean culture




(credit to Japanesestreets.com...Really Awesome ass site everybody should go)

Omg this is so freakin awesome I can do romaji input to type in Japanese! I didn’t kno I could do that…Awesome!...very random but fuckin awesome!

Anyways before I disrupted myself lol….In 11th and 12th I got into Korean culture…I had these sites that I would consult (same ones I have now lol but they r still very relevant)  on the daily bases so I could dress like the girls on the pics…I may not have been able to buy the clothes they had on but I was still able to translate it into the clothes I already had and cheaper clothes I bought along the way…
All throughout school I loved vintage clothing and I still do.. I actually have a lil collection of my own..I can’t wear any of the dresses because #1: I don’t have a corset to fit in them lol #2: the sizes r totally different from now…women r a lot bigger than they used to be I guess lol…but back to Korean stuff…Im in love with the Korean fashion scene..some people don’t think there is a difference but I still like it…Its like they catch on to things a lot quicker than hear (prolly a lot of places not just Korea lol)..I think people here think if it looks good on the hanger then it will look good on  them but u gotta try on clothes before u just buy them…I feel like looking at the different fashions has really opened up my eyes to it because there r a lot of things I didn’t think go together…I feel like I have a lot more options now lol instead of doing what everybody else is doing….Now when I go to the mall it’s a lil overwhelming..My fav store right now is Forever 21 and I so glad we r getting one in SC now…If u want affordable trendy clothing that’s the place to go…Now all we need is an Urban Outfitters..Its funny how they r based here and SC but we don’t have a store for them here..the closest one is in NC..One in Charlotte and Asheville (My new fav place lol)…Lol I haven’t bought anything from those places but I like lookin around for new ideas

As far as making clothes..that hasn’t really worked out lol … idk when I will be ready..i always think im gonna fail horribly at it so I don’t like to try…one day I will tho I just kno it…just not now hehe..all I kno is that if I don’t start makin the money I want from doin hair then im def gonna try my hardest to make clothes coz I hate not being able to afford clothes for long periods of time..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchu Gotta Say...HuH?