Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ugh my Stomach Hurts!

Ugh! My stomach hurts!  Damn sweet tea!
  Am I a "poser"?  I had been thinkin about that lately...What got me thinkin was a picture slideshow on youtube of scene/emo girls and their hairstyles and there happened to be a couple vids in the recommendation area of black girls and guys that did the scene and emo thing too...By lookin at the comments and the big ass disclaimer on the vid reassuring people that these kids are not posers in any way....(i mean the white kids dont put disclaimers on their vids so y should the others do it??)...i guess people still believe that if a one group of people do something then its authentic and all theirs but when some kids who arent essentially from that group do it, they are automatically a poser and just goin with a trend...
  I remember goin into highschool i had started my gauges (im sure most people know what that is by now)...I remember a girl coming up to me(i guess u could call her style kinda edgy emo punk-ish...IDK) and asking me, "Do you know what kind of music is associated w/ those? Why do you do that??!"  In my head i was thinkin, "Bitch! WTF?! Do you?!"  I mean im sure she hung out with the people and listened to the music that were "associated" with my ears (lol my ears..sounds funny) so i knew what she was "blabbing" about but i was like Damn... really? are you asking me this right now?.............Tho of course me being the nice person that i am, i thought rationally and just said, "Yea...Its because its something i want to do..", and just left it at that and brushed it off...btw that class was full of smartasses..
  IDK y i didnt put her in her place right at that moment...I guess i didnt wanna seem like the class bitch just starting highschool and all...But anyways for the record I have gauges cause my mom motivated me...She has them so i got them..Its African Heritage for the dummies that dont kno..I'm not straight from Africa but I do recognize my roots..........
..................Anyways........Being a poser..........So what if somebody found something they like that is not thought of to be native to them....If its something thats constructive and helps you meet new people and friends then its cool...Of course im not condoning of doing drugs and other shit coz everybody else is doin it....empahsis on constructive now lol...it shouldn't be a problem..
  Another memory i had was when i was with my ex and his family one day..It was when his younger sister asked him for his skateboard so she could go out with some new friends she made....Naturally im like ok cool she wants to skate thats awesome ya kno!...but her brother was like, "Hell No! Stop acting like a poser! U cant skate!"...i was just thinkin damn! Whats wrong with her wanting to skate, shes tryin to make new friends let her do her thing, she may actually like it......i kno shes fully aware that she cant skate..the only way she gonna learn is if she gets on one..in the end he still didn't let her borrow the skateboard
  Kinda glad i broke up with him tho...He took the wrong things too seriously....

  What really is a "poser"? If people stuck to just only one thing in life and never went through phases and trends, life would be pretty damn boring...Human beings thrive on new experiences and things...those are the things that keep life interesting...CHANGE....

Remember the movie Inception?  The whole issue in the movie was that it was hard to come up with your own unique dream..its always someone or something that influence or motivate a dream...The same goes for real life...There are so many other people that have thought the same idea or been influenced by someone else or something...Its very rare these days  that you find someone or something that is completely new that nobody has seen before...The only difference between things like that is  that some people have better skills to execute their thoughts and to give it different levels and put it into action..so essentially we all do and think differently to accommodate our lifestyle but a great number of us are also the same...

i hope this is understood from my POV pretty well

5 comments:

  1. "Anyways........Being a poser..........So what if somebody found something they like that is not thought of to be native to them....If its something thats constructive and helps you meet new people and friends then its cool..."

    ^I kinda love you for this part especially. As long as you're not being a fake person, what's it matter what your style is or what suits you? As long as you're being you and being happy. :) Sure, I draw manga and I want to have my own comic someday, but that doesn't mean I WANT to be Japanese. I have disagreements with their culture anyway, but let's not get into that. (Love their music, though, and it's easier to find and download XD)

    In short, I agree, and you're awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. People do not understand that originality is something that is difficult, if not down right impossible, these days. So many things, trends, fashions, et cetera have been done by other making it difficult to try to be "original". People get angry when others copy either what they themselves have done or something done by someone they admire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are only two types of posers in the world. And All people fit inside these two categories. Although both sides are considered posers, in society one is accepted and the other is not.

    Poser, basically means to copy something your not. Everyone copies one another, its human nature. We first copy our parents when we are growing up, and we tend to copy or pick up things we are interested in.

    The first kinda of poser are those who found what they are interested in, but can't really pull it off. No matter how hard they try, they just seem, awkward and out of place. They stick out amongst other "posers", thus being labeled as a poser. When in fact, those who call them posers are posers themselves.

    The other kind of posers, are those who mastered their particular art. Was a poser at one point, and elevated themselves out of "posing".


    All in all, everyone is a poser... there are just different degrees of posing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, Sen. People should be able to dress how they want, listen to whatever music they want to listen to, and live whatever lifestyle they want to live. If a White boy wants to dress in Hip-hop gear that's fine and if you want to put a rocker(gauges)edge to your look that's fine, too. All it means is that you all feel that this or that particular style suits you. When I get my look the way I want it, a lot of people will be taken aback and may even accuse me of being a "poser",but whatever. It's my style so I decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never really worried about it to much. i dont think it is possible to be a poser honestly. at least not for very long. being a poser means you are doing something to fit in with a group. so either you will do this something not enjoy and eventually stop doing it because you wont really have anything in common with that group so you'll fade away from them. or enjoy it, and become more deeply involved in it and keep those friends since yall will have something in common. instead of calling it posing you could just call it "growing up". heck when growing up your friends change and so do your interests, and everyone starts somewhere and so being a beginner does not make you a poser. and even if you have been doing something forever and still arent good at it. you still are not poser. some people just dont become as good at things at others. so really i dont think posing can really exist in activities or styles.
    AJ

    ReplyDelete

Whatchu Gotta Say...HuH?